Text

God's promises are like the stars; the darker the night the brighter they shine. ~David Nicholas

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013

Good afternoon, my sweet friends, and Happy New Year!

It's so hard to believe that 2013 is here. I was thinking back on last Year's New Years Day and was comparing it to this years. In alot of ways they are very different and in others they are very much the same.
Last year I was still waiting for Nathan. Last year I was still in part grieving. Last year I didn't know what to expect but knew that at the end of the year I would have some answers, one way or another. Last year I cried because I felt the reality of starting another year without a home of my own, my own little family, without the love of that special person. Last year I was hopeful.

This year I'm single. No longer in limbo waiting on him. I've been given a release from God, to move on and look ahead to find the wonderful man who will be my hubby. This year I am healed. completely, wonderfully healed. This year I still don't know what to expect but I know that at the end of this year I will look back and see how everything worked out.This year I am hopeful because I know that God is working everything out and that the Sunshine will soon break through. This year I am overwhelmed. Overwhelmed to a point at the enormity of the decisions I must make this year. How will I ever make them? I don't know. There are so so many. So many options to consider. So many thoughts and emotions that go with them. Overwhelmed... yes... but I am also Overwhelmed so much more by the knowledge that God is with me. He knows exactly what this year will hold for me. He knows His plans, and He isn't finished yet. I'm a work in progress. My life is under construction and I have the best "Contractor" on board to make it turn out right. I know I can trust Him. My prayer on this first day of 2013 is that in this year He will help me to turn everything over to Him and allow Him to show me what to do, where to go, who to meet, and what decisions to make. I'm asking Him for clarity because I honestly don't know which way to turn. But. He does. So on this first page of a book that has 364 more pages to be written I find consolation and peace by resting in His love. His love that will never disappointment me or let me down. Love that will hold me close and never let me go. When this year comes to an end, I want to look back over it and say I made it through this year by trusting Him and resting in His love. That I know is the only way for me to have a truly successful year.  

In His Love

In His love, there’s a place where you can always hide away
In His love, there’s no need to run, no need to be afraid.
If the world’s a sea of trouble, you can always rise above
If you know that you are safely, In His love.

In His love, where all pain and sorrow quickly fade away
In His love, there’s a bright tomorrow just beyond today
If your heart is filled with sorrow, if it’s all you can think of
Still there’ll be a new tomorrow, In His love

Chorus
His love is never far away, yet sometimes hard to see
If we would take the time to pray,
His love would flow through you and me

In His love, there’s a place where you can watch the world go by
In His love, there’s no need to hurry, everything’s on time
When the world’s a sea of trouble, you can always rise above
If you know that you are safely, In His love

In His love, there’s a place where you can always hide away
In His love, there’s no need to run, no need to be afraid.
If your heart is filled with sorrow, if it’s all you can think of
Still there’ll be a new tomorrow, In His love


Happy New Year, my Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment