Text

God's promises are like the stars; the darker the night the brighter they shine. ~David Nicholas

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Update


Hello Friends,
 This blog has been silent for far to long. For so many reasons. It's been a very very busy year and its been a good one. It's also been one full of obstacles and challenges. 
Our greatest "busyment" and also our greatest joy was that mom ran for  Highlands County Supervisor of Elections. She started the campaign process in February and it ended in November. I am happy to say that all of the hard work paid off and she won the election with a 70%/30% win over her opponent in November. She will take office January 8th. I am so very proud of her! 

So many other things have happened and a catchup will probably come soon. But tonight I want to speak from heart and give a little update on my life. 

I've been single now for nearly 2 years. The road has been hard. The days long. The nights dark. It has also been good... Bright... And joyful. I've grown so much and learned so many lessons about faith and trusting God when it's hard and when it's easy.  I'm completely ready and open to finding love again. To finding ultimately the one person who is God's "new perfect" as I don't believe that Christians take second best when Gods plan for their life is changed by another mans disobedience. I wholeheartedly believe that there is someone amazing out there for me who will love me for the woman I am... Will love me unconditionally and protect my heart. That will stand up for me when others try to lie and slander my character. Who will stand with me when the battles on and when I'm soaring on Victory's sweet wind. Who will be devoted to me above everyone else except our precious Lord. Who will obey HIM above everyone... Family, friends, church people, secular influences etc. their allegiance will be first to God and His divine Will. I believe this with all that I am. 
In that belief I am joyous and excited to see where God may lead me, who He will lead me to, and how the story will end... Or rather begin. 

However, I still have days where I am lonely, where I am frustrated... And many other things. 
Sometimes I want to hear someone special that they love me. I want to buy Christmas gifts for them. I want to pick out a special card. I want to look in their eyes and know that they are never going to break my heart... Never going to leave me... Always cherish me...And always always Always! Obey God. I long to share my heart and love with someone again. I long to cherish and love them with
All that I am. I long to devote myself to them and be a faithful companion, rock, support and friend to them. The one person they can always count on. 

Some days I feel frustrated that the one person I thought would never break my heart did... And in turn has left me with insecurities. Has left me to wonder who will break my heart and leave broken and with a bleeding heart next.  Will I ever find someone who loves God and me enough to turn a deaf ear to the devils ways when he comes to try to break us apart.

I am also thankful. Thankful that he left before I committed my life in marriage to a man who does not honor God and His Will. One who does not honor his promises and commitments but rather seeks the approval of man. So in my pain and loneliness that I feel at times I am still grateful! I have healed. I have grown. I can say Thank You to the ones who hurt me. For they forced me to throw myself deeper into the Arms that will never let me go. Ones that will never hurt me. Closer to the One that will never break my heart or disappoint me. Thank You for allowing me the opportunity to find someone amazing by removing the person who was not. I am thankful. 

Most of all I am thankful for my Heavenly Father who takes care of me, holds me while I weep, quiets the storms, gives me peace, and loves me unconditionally.  I love Him so...

Also to all of you who have stood by me and prayed and cared, thank you so so much!!  I love you all! 

There will be more updates soon I promise... :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment